Students’ Grievance Cell
The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student and judge its merit. The grievance cell is also empowered to look into the matters of students’ grievances. Anyone with a genuine grievance can drop a grievance in writing in the letter box/ suggestion box kept at the administrative block.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the students in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in our college.
The grievance cell was constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the students of the college with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the college by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the college through promoting cordial student-student relationship and student-teacher relationship, etc.
- Encouraging the students to express their grievances/problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion/complaint box is installed in front of the administrative block in which the students who want to remain anonymous can put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the academics / administration of the college.
Members: Dr.B. K. Manjula, Mr. Antony Raj
SEXUAL HARASSMENT CELL
As per the guidelines of UGC and the Supreme Court, a sexual harassment cell has to be established by every institution. At SBMJC, KGF, the cell was formed in 2013. This cell provides healthy and congenial atmosphere to the staff and students of our college. The cell is constituted to meet the three basic objectives.
- To develop principles and procedures for combating sexual harassment
- To prevent discrimination and sexual harassment by promoting gender amity among students and employees
- To promote awareness about sexual harassment through “educational initiatives”.
- The cell deals with issues relating to sexual harassment at our SBMJC campus which is applicable to all students and staff. Complaints of discrimination and sexual harassment in a time bound manner are looked into and redressed aiming at ensuring support services to the victim and limitation of the harassment.
Headed by Dr Rekha Sethi, Principal
Coordinators: Mrs Louisena Vinoth Priya & Mrs. Anne Aruna Kumari
DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE RULES
- The college gives utmost priority for discipline and every one, student or staff, is bound to follow the rules and regulations of the college and maintain strict discipline.
- Under disciplinary action, the principal is empowered to fine, suspend or even expel a student from the college in the interests of the institution.
- Students are not permitted to possess or use mobile phones inside the college campus.
- No one is allowed to listen to music from any device inside the college campus.
- Every student shall conduct himself / herself in such a way to cause no disturbance to the working of the classes or to fellow students.
- Ragging, consuming alcohol and smoking are strictly prohibited in the college campus.
- Writing on walls, pillars, bath rooms and furniture is strictly prohibited.
- The cost of any damage, if caused to college property will be charged to the accounts of the students responsible for the damage in addition to disciplinary action.
- Students are advised to switch off fans and lights when they leave the class rooms.