Department of Commerce in association with Bombay Stock Exchange which is established in 1875,the Bengaluru region, conducted one day workshop on Online Stock Trading for 2nd year B.com students on 4TH April 2019 as a value addition towards their syllabus stock and commodities market paper in 4th Semester.
Mr. Tilakraj Rai Associate Manager department of investors service and regional compliance Karnataka region B.S.E Ltd, Phone no:9987976090 and Mr. Shivakumar. G. Asst, Manager, Manager for Department of Business Development and Marketing Karnataka Region B.S.E Ltd, were the trainers for the session.
The session was focused on history of stock exchange, how it was established and how it improved from traditional method of investing to the modern method.
Then the session moved to the practical session how to create a beneficiary account and to trade, the student’s were taught virtual trading by creating their own account.
Total number of students present: 63.
Faculty In charge: Asst. Professor Mr. Harish G. contact no:7975524579
Objective of the session:
- To gain a practical knowledge about online buying and selling of shares.
- To know the timing of buying and selling, and choosing of portfolio,
- Making profit or losing money while trading.
- Trading on opening of a stock broker account that is DEMAT Account
- Techniques to increase wealth.
- The students enjoyed the training sessions
- Students learned the history of stock exchange and how gradually stock exchange improved from traditional method to electronic method.
- Students involved virtual trading out of 63 students Miss. Ashwini and Sandhya 2ndcom B section gained a profit of 19000 so they rewarded first prize and received a bull statue Miss soundarya and Merlin B.com A section Bagged second prize with a profit of 11000 and they rewarded wth a handbook of B.S.E
Based on the subject principles of event management of 2nd year B.Com a sec under the guidance of miss Harshini K. J Asst prof. Department of commerce were divided under different groups and asked to organise innovative events at different places such as school, hospital, garments etc. With regards to 2nd batch students organised an event in Goverment urdu higher primary school based on time management, increasing confidence level in students and organised stress relief games for students on 11/03/2019 and received a mere recognition for their service render.