The Department of Computer Science Organised Orientation Day for 1st Year BCA Students
on 3rd August 2018
Total No of Students Attended: 200
Chief Guest: Mr. Shivakumar Sir Office Superitendent
Guest: Dr. Shabber Bhasha HOD Dept of Hindi
Dr. Munjula B.K HOD Dept of Kannada
Dr. C M Rajanna Asst Professor Depat of Kannada
Mrs. Jean Saldana HOD Dept of English
Mr. Jayapaindian NSS & Placement officer
Objective of the Programme:
The goals and objectives of New Student Orientation are:
• To introduce students to college services which will support their educational and personal goals (ex. library, information technology, academic and student services departments).
• To facilitate initial academic advisement, course selection, and registration.
• To familiarize students with the campus environment and physical facilities.
• To create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes, and stimulates an excitement for learning.
• To provide a welcoming atmosphere for students and families to meet faculty, staff, and continuing students, as well as other new students.
• To provide the families of new students comprehensive information about the academic and student service resources and programs.
• To provide employment, leadership, and learning opportunities for continuing students as pack leaders, through selection, training, and supervision.
The learning outcomes derived from the goals and objectives are:
• Students will be introduced to college services that will support their educational and personal goals.
• Students will understand the purpose of academic advisement and course selection.
• Students will become familiar with the campus environment.
• Students will feel confident and excited about their decision to attend Indiana University East.
• Students and families will be familiar with faculty, staff, and students on campus.
• Families will gain comprehensive information on campus resources available to them and their students
• Student leaders will gain valuable leadership experience at the college level.