KANNADA also known as Canarese or Kanarese is a Dravidian language spoken predominantly by Kannada people in South India, mainly in the state of Karnataka, and by linguistic minorities in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Kerala, and Goa. The language has roughly 40 million native speakers. who are called Kannadigas (Kannaḍigaru), and a total of 50.8 million speakers according to a 2001 census. It is one of the scheduled languages of India and the official and administrative language of the state of Karnataka.
The Kannada language is written using the Kannada script, which evolved from the 5th-century Kadamba script. Kannada is attested epigraphically for about one and a half millennium, and literary Old Kannada flourished in the 6th-century Ganga dynasty and during the 9th-century Rashtrakuta Dynasty. Kannada has an unbroken literary history of over a thousand years.
Based on the recommendations of the Committee of Linguistic Experts, appointed by the ministry of culture, the government of India designated Kannada a classical language of India. In July 2011, a centre for the study of classical Kannada was established as part of the Central Institute of Indian Languages at Mysore to facilitate research related to the language.
The Aim of Kannada Sahitya Sangha is to:
- To develop ideas to promote unity and co-operation among Kannada speakers spread across different regions.
- To develop suggestions for a common written Kannada which had diversified across different regions
- To ensure that students learning Kannada language use a common textbook
- To improve the general knowledge among the Kannada speaking population by publishing appropriate books.
- To produce appropriate Kannada translations for words used in other languages, especially the scientific words.
Dept. Of Computer Science.
Guest Lecture on 23-07-2016
Topic: Advanced Java & Web Technology
Attended Class: BCA & BSc Students
By: Pachayappan R
Asst.Professor Dept.Of Computer Science
Prisedency University Bangalore.
Develop a web-based application using Servlets & JSPs.
Process XML using Java APIs.
Develop web applications using Struts 2.x framework.
Skill to use a pre-built framework for rapid application development.
Construct a Web application using Java Server Pages
Construct an enterprise application using Session Beans
Guest Lecture By Pachayappan.R
Environmental protection is a practice of protecting the natural environment on individual, organizational or governmental levels, for the benefit of both the environment and humans. Due to the pressures of overconsumption, population and technology, the biophysical environment is being degraded, sometimes permanently. This has been recognized, and governments have begun placing restraints on activities that cause environmental degradation.
Eco Clubs play an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation.
The activities of Eco Club include:
- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Organize tree plantation programs, awareness programs such as Quiz, essay, painting competitions, rallys, nukkad natak etc. regarding various environmental issues and educate children about re-use of waste material & preparation of products out of waste.
- Organize Nature Trail in Wild Life Sanctuaries/Parks/Forest areas to know about the Bio-diversity.